Transferring at Riga airport
If you already have a boarding pass for your connecting flight, go straight to the departure gate. The gate number will be displayed on the airport monitors, and you can contact the transfer centre for further assistance if necessary.
If you do not have a boarding pass for the connecting flight and your connection time is:
- More than 30 minutes – go to the transfer centre and check in. Staff will advise you of the departure gate.
- Less than 30 minutes – go straight to the departure gate announced on the monitors.You will be checked in there.
If you are travelling with checked baggage which was checked in at the airport you departed from, please prepare your baggage tag for presentation to the check-in agent at the transfer centre or gate.
Security check and passport control. If you are travelling from:
- Schengen to Schengen country - you do not need to go through a security check and passport control.
- Schengen to Non-Schengen country - you have to go through passport control.
- Non-Schengen to Schengen country - you have to go through a security check and passport control.
- Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen country - you have to go through a security check.
Security rules for carrying liquids from Schengen and Non-Schengen countries.
As of 31 January 2014, duty free liquids purchased at any Schengen or non-Schengen airport or on board any airline may be carried as hand luggage, provided the following conditions apply:
- The duty free liquid and receipt must be sealed at the time of purchase inside a security bag with a red border.
- The security bag is not opened until arrival at the passenger’s final destination.
- For security screening at transit airports, the duty free purchase will be taken out of your hand luggage and screened separately (similarly to what is done with laptops).
- The security officer may need to open the security bag for screening. In case the passenger has a connecting flight at another airport, he/she shall alert the security officer so the duty free liquids can be re-sealed in a new security bag.
Please note, the new procedure may result in longer queues at security control points. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to reach the gate for boarding!
Make sure you are aware of the travel documents required when travelling via Riga.
If you are travelling in Business class and have enough time between flights, you are welcome to visit the Business Lounge located next to the transfer centre. The lounge is open from 4:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. and offers beverages, snacks, hot meals and newspapers.
The given information disregards any information published previously and is subject to amendments or cancellation taken unilaterally by airBaltic.