Online check-in conditions
A simple option for anyone with access to the internet and a printer. Our free-of-charge online check-in takes just a few minutes to complete and lets you skip queues at the airport.
Once your boarding pass is printed, head straight to the baggage drop-off desk or security control at the airport.
With airBaltic online check-in you will save time and money by avoiding both queues and the 30 EUR check-in fee at the airport. Please pay attention to the check-in deadline!
- Please note that you will have to present a printed boarding pass before the security check and at the boarding gate. If mobile boarding passes are available for the flight, do not hesitate to use the attached QR code or PassWallet / Apple Wallet mobile boarding pass on your mobile device instead of a printed boarding pass.
- Online check-in for airBaltic flights opens 5 days (118 hours) before the scheduled departure. The online check-in deadline corresponds to the check-in deadline at the respective airport.
- Online check-in for both the outbound and return flights at once is available if there are fewer than 118 hours until the scheduled departure of the return flight at the moment of check-in, and both flights are operated by airBaltic.
- Online check-in for codeshare flights (flights operated by another airline) is available 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- On connecting flights where the second flight is operated by another airline, check-in for both flights at once is available 24 hours before departure.
- Check-in at the airport costs 30 EUR per passenger per direction. See airport check-in fee.
- If you want to check in your bags, leave them at the baggage drop-off counter at Riga airport or an Economy class check-in counter at other airports free of charge.
- Online check-in is available on most airBaltic routes, please check the list of destinations below.
- Passengers checking in at destinations where online check-in is not available or who are exempt from the fee can check in at the airport free of charge.
Online check-in is available for airBaltic operated flights out of: Aberdeen, Abu Dhabi, Almaty, Amsterdam, Athens, Baku, Barcelona, Berlin, Billund, Brussels, Budapest, Catania, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Gdansk, Geneva, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Helsinki, Kaliningrad, Kiev, Larnaca, Liepaja, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Malaga, Malta, Milan, Minsk, Moscow, Munich, Nice, Odesa, Oslo, Palanga, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Prague, Riga, Reykjavik, Rhodes, Rome, Sochi, Stavanger, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn, Tampere, Tatry/Poprad, Tbilisi, Tel Aviv, Thessaloniki, Turku, Venice, Verona, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw, Zurich.
Certain passenger groups are not eligible to use online check-in:
- passengers who have requested special assistance, service or any kind of medical assistance to be provided (e.g. wheelchair);
- passengers with an extra seat in the cabin (either for baggage, a baby basket, carrycot or other purposes);
- passengers transporting a pet;
- passengers using the unaccompanied minor service;
- passengers travelling from destinations where online check-in is unavailable;
- passengers on charter flights;
- passengers transporting a cello;
- passengers with an identical name and surname in one booking;
- passengers transporting weapons;
- children booked in a separate reservation.
We invite these passengers to please check in at the airport free of charge.
Please note! The given prices and information replace any information published previously and are subject to amendments or cancellation taken unilaterally by airBaltic at any time. The equivalent of the given prices in a different currency may vary depending on the currency fluctuation and applied rate. A bank applies its own exchange rates and commissions, thus the total amount may differ from that on the website.