airBaltic has started a very exciting year - we have at least 13 new destinations on our route map for better connectivity in the whole Baltic region, we introduce the world’s most modern aircraft Bombardier CS300, and serve a growing family of customers. Naturally, we want new talent to join this unprecedented and unique development.
Currently airBaltic is inviting to join the team:
- Prepare flight plans containing information such as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, airports conditions, and many other informational components required for the safe completion of flight
- Calculate the amount of fuel required for the safe completion of flight according to type of aircraft, distance of flight, maintenance limitations, weather conditions and minimum fuel requirements
- Analyze and evaluate meteorological information to determine potential hazards to safety of flight and to select the most desirable and economic route of flight
- Prepare and file ATC flight plan for each airBaltic flight and ensure that Flight Release, Computer Flight Plan and all briefing documentation is provided to the operating crew in time for briefing at Riga and all outstations
- Be responsible for operational control of day to day flight operations
- Update the pilot in command of significant changes to weather or flight plan in order to optimize revenue payload potential while maintaining adequate safety standards
- Obtain overflying permission for airBaltic flights if required
- Support Operations Duty Supervisor during disruption events
- University Student – preferably in the field of Air Transport
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization, high sense of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving oriented working methods
- Outstanding computer skills, especially advanced knowledge in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple processes simultaneously
- Fluent in English, other languages will be considered as a plus
- Airline experience in flight operations support or flight planning is preferred.
- Aircraft Dispatcher License would be considered as an advantage
- Outstanding work experience in a great team and dynamic European company
- Multicultural working environment with professionals from 20 nations and unique networking opportunities
- Benefits associated with airline industry
- Working in a developing and innovative European company
- A complimentary return flight to an airBaltic destination of your choice
- Social guarantees and competitive compensation package
This role is directly related to safety of airBaltic operations. It will therefore be necessary for the provisionally selected candidate to undergo a psychological test for a fit to work evaluation, prior to a decision being taken to select or not.
Kindly apply till April 30, 2017
Reg # 40003245752