airBaltic (AIR BALTIC CORPORATION) is the world’s most punctual airline connecting the Baltic region with 60 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, and the CIS. airBaltic is a joint stock company that was established in 1995. Its primary shareholder is the Latvian state, which holds 80.05% of the stock, while Lars Thuesen holds around 20% through his fully-owned Aircraft Leasing 1 SIA. The airBaltic fleet consists of 24 aircraft – 12 Boeing 737 and 12 Bombardier Q400Next Gen. airBaltic has received numerous international awards for excellence, innovative services, and achievements in reshaping its business. In 2012, airBaltic was ranked by Airline trends among the Top 10 airlines globally for innovations. airBaltic achieved the best on-time performance globally for two years running in 2014 and 2015.
Currently airBaltic is inviting to join the team:
Database (DWH) developer
- Process & integrate raw data from a variety of different sources
- Extend data warehouse with additional fields as data becomes available
- Create reports and/or dashboards requested by business users with custom aggregations and formats
- Work together with system administrators to ensure a stable processing environment
- Knowledge about SQL (the more, the better)
- Knowledge and commercial experience with Data Warehouse design/architecture, including dimensional modelling, data normalization/denormalization
- Knowledge about Oracle BI would be an advantage
- Knowledge and practical experience in using ETL tools, such as Pentaho Kettle
- Experience with version control systems (preferably, Git)
- Comfortable communicating in English. Latvian language skills would be an advantage
- Team player
We look forward to your CV till June 22, 2017.
- Depending on your interests, you will have a choice of working with the latest technologies and languages, such as Scala and Play/Akka
- A complimentary return flight to an airBaltic destination of your choice
- Working in a developing and innovative European company
- Social guarantees and competitive compensation package
- Multicultural working environment with professionals from 30 nations and unique networking opportunities
- Benefits associated with airline industry
!Please note that background check will be conducted on all applicants, as well as restrictions that prohibit the hire in accordance with the law “On Aviation” Article 57.1. paragraph 4 will be evaluated!
Please, note! Candidates selected for the job interviews will be contacted within 1 month after the application deadline.